Home >Take Action >Current Open Studies
5510: VCRC Genetic Repository One-Time DNA Study
Please Note: The Rare Diseases Clinical Research Network will make every effort to enroll all the patients we can, but we cannot make any guarantees that we will be able to enroll everyone in a particular study who wants to participate.
Eosinophilic granulomatosis with polyangiitis (Churg-Strauss, EGPA), giant cell arteritis (GCA), microscopic polyangiitis (MPA), polyarteritis nodosa (PAN), Takayasu's arteritis (TAK), and Granulomatosis with polyangiitis (Wegener's, GPA).
The purpose of this study is to identify genes that increase the risk of developing vasculitis, a group of severe diseases that feature inflammation of blood vessels. Results of these studies will provide researchers in vasculitis with insight into the causes of these diseases and generate new ideas for diagnostic tests and therapies, and will be of great interest to the larger communities of researchers investigating vasculitis and other autoimmune, inflammatory, and vascular diseases.
About this Study
A total of 1,300 subjects with EGPA, GCA, MPA, PAN, TAK, and GPA will be enrolled in this study. Study subjects will only be seen once for this research study.
For this visit, you will be asked to:
- Discuss your medical history and disease
- Give blood (approximately1 tablespoon) for DNA collection
To be eligible to participate, you must:
- Be an individual with a confirmed diagnosis of one of the following:
- Eosinophilic granulomatosis with polyangiitis (Churg-Strauss, EGPA)
- Giant Cell Arteritis
- Microscopic Polyangiitis
- polyarteritis nodosa
- Takayasu's arteritis
- Granulomatosis with polyangiitis (Wegener's, GPA).
You are not eligible to participate if:
- You are unwilling to provide blood for DNA collection
- Are enrolled in another VCRC protocol (because we will already have collected your DNA)
How to Participate:
In order to participate in a study, you must personally contact the study coordinator of any of the participating institutions by phone or by e-mail. Please use the information below to inquire about participation.
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles
- University of California, San Francisco
Sharon A. Chung, MD MAS
- Boston University School of Medicine, Boston
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Hospital for Special Surgery, New York
- Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland
- St. Joseph's Healthcare, Hamilton
Sandra Messier, RCT
Phone: 905-522-1155 Ext. 35873
- University of Toronto Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto
Deborah Weber, RN, CCRC